torsdag 7. oktober 2010

Beautiful Barcelona

French balconies

So what was best about first time in Barcelona??  Definately not the hotel. Me and my cousin booked it at hotels.com, and when we arrived, it was so anonymous we nearly missed it. Small, cheap, somewhat shabby and with hookers on the doorstep. The room was very small as well... and dark. It had one small window, but it faced nothing but a shaft in the middle of the building.
We tried to be positive. I said, we didn't come here to stay in the room did we? As our week went, the jail-cell we lived in became quite a joke... But of course we were very happy to stay in walking distance from many main sites and also the beach.


That was one of the things I loved the most about Barcelona... That it faces the sea. Or actually, a guide told us Barcelona lives with it's back towards the sea, because the poorest fishermen lived near the water, the richer inhabitants built their villas as far up from the sea front they could get. Anyway, i thought it was splendid to be able to spend two days during this holiday at the beach with three of my best friends: My cousin, my pen and notebook..! Got a really bad sunburn though...


Of course Barcelona is a lot about arcitechture, and as seen on the picture I was in a cheery mood in the towers of Sagrada Familia... And after seeing this great cathedral (It REALLY is a construction site!!) and La Pedrera, I fully understand that Anthoni Gaudi was declared a genious. And I fully understand that I will never fully understand Anthoni Gaudi. Did you get that one?? ;)

I left Barcelona with the best feeling one can have after a sucessful holiday: That this city still has so, so much more to show me, and that I have to return. The world's so big and still so much to see. But the best thing to collect, is happy memories - agree? ;)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar