lørdag 22. januar 2011

I love dieting..!

... What a strange thing to say, don't you agree??
After a Gastric bypass surgery nine months ago I've now lost more than 30 kilos, but I still need to lose 20 more. I am not used to so sweet and fatty foods as before. The healthy foods taste more and better to me now. And as I've lost weight being active and excersising is much easier than before.

But still - surgery does not "fix" everything. I still need to watch my diet and see to that my body is active, to lose more and to keep the weight off. That was demonstrated during the christmas week! Probably due to the aquavit and Norwegian christmas beer I drank - I gained 2 kilos in a week and was shocked! Isn't it strange how we are soooo surprised by this, although the math with the calories is so easy?


Christmas gave me a wonderful opportunity to start: My boyfriend looked at himself in a picture and said: OMG, I need to lose weight!! I was so happy to hear that - it's so much easier to lose weight with a team mate. Now we have used the first month in the new year to establish good habits - smaller meals more often, choosing healthier foods like fish, white meat and loads of greens.
In addition to this we go swimmong three times a week. Maybe not the hardest form of exercise, but it is a lot more than we used to do!

The weight from christmas is gone, and three more kilos with it. And I never thought I'd say this - I love every moment of it! It is so much fun, being a chef I always loved cooking, and specially varying with fish is a fun challenge. It's amazing what tasty veggies and herbs can do - Try for instance baked cod with cherry tomatoes and leek, or salmon with paprica sauce! The other day we had grilled halibut with chili and lime with salad and mashed potatoes. It's delicious!

If we continue like this, I think we are facing a long and healthy life. After all it's not so important what you eat between christmas and new years, as what you eat between new years and christmas!!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Herlig innlegg, herlig framgang, innstilling og ikke minst herlig dame:D stå på, detta skal vi klare:D lagt ut nytt innlegg jeg også:)

    SvarSlett
  2. Du e så flinke, jentå mi!! :)
    Eg har kjøpt meg Casall rockering og har tatt av 4,5 kg siden lillejulaften. :)

    Svømming e god trening det, Gunn Marit, bare du kjøre deg sjøl litt. :)
    Dessuten e det jo så utrolig herlig!! :)

    Har tatt i bruk Hemmeligheten igjen her i gården. Nå har me etpar møter i uka, e 4 damer som holder på og det e mye lettere å jobbe med den når me e flere. :)

    SvarSlett
  3. Kristina, ja gjelder bare å gjøre jobben morsom nå :)

    Tone: Ja Hemmeligheten er et godt redskap! Rockering skjønner jeg meg ikke på, men det finnes jo mange andre morsomme ting man kan gjøre :) Blir en tur i svømmehallen i dag også - med Andrea :D

    Gratulerer med snart 5 kg ned! På en måned er jo det veldig veldig bra!

    SvarSlett
  4. Good for you. After a while of eating good healthy food I think your taste buds change and no longer crave the naughty stuff. When I want to be healthy I live on fish and vegetables and feel much better for it. Keep up the good work!

    SvarSlett